In 1837 Lewis refers to the "very pretty residence of Mr Fitzgerald" proprietor of the extensive limestone quarries at Carrigacrump. The house was named Rockview on the first Ordnance Survey map. Teresa Fitzgerald was the occupier in the early 1850s holding the property from Colonel William H.M. Hodder, the buildings were valued at £15. Teresa Fitzgerald (nee Coppinger of Rosmore) married James Fitzgerald and they had a son Maurice and daughters Teresa, Mary etc see ''The Barrys of County Cork''. Margaret Fitzgerald of Carrigacrump owned 83 acres in the 1870s. Her estate at Rockview was advertised for sale a number of time in the mid 1870s. There is still an extant house at the site.