Lewis records the Reverend Dr Austen as resident at Hadwell in 1837 [this may have been the nearby glebe house] and J. Penrose at Hadwell Lodge. In the early 1850s the Reverend Robert Austin occupied Hadwell Lodge. It was valued at £50 and held from William Gearin. By the 1890s this property had become known as Hadwell House. It is described as "in ruins" on the 1940 edition Ordnance Survey map.