The proprietor of this house in 1837 was Captain Fitzgerald of the Royal Navy. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Michael Fitzgerald held the property from John Fitzgerald and the buildings were valued at £20. The sale rental of 1861 refers to the house as a mansion "a large and first-class residence". It was occupied by Michael Joseph Fitzgerald, a barrister and younger brother of John Fitzgerald. The National Inventory of Architectual Heritage states that this house was a rectory for some time. Lewis writes that it was formerly "a religious establishment".