Lewis writes in 1837 that “The present house is about to be replaced by a castellated mansion”. The earlier house is referred to by Wilson in 1786 as the seat of Simon Dring. Aghadoe was occupied by Thomas M. Green at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The house, valued at £27, was held by him from Sir Arthur De Capell Brooke. The house is no longer extant.