A house was located here from the 17th century. Originally home of the Cooke family it was altered and expanded in the succeeding centuries by the Collis family. William Collis was resident for much of the 19th century. The house was valued at £32 in the early 1850s and at £34 when occupied by Colonel William Cooke Collis in 1906. It was burnt in June 1921 during the War of Independence when it was the residence of Col. William Cooke-Collis. This house is no longer extant.