Hajba writes that David Richard Pigot, Chief Baron of Ireland 1846-1873, was born at Park House in 1797. He was the son of Dr John Pigot and Margaret Nagle and married Catherine Paye [Page in DNB] of the nearby Araglin Mills. Th house was valued at £7.10 shillings in the early 1850s and was occupied by the Reverend James Daly, who held it from William Byrne. The Pigotts continued to own this property until at least the late 19th century. Occupied by the Howard family in the 20th century. The Irish Tourist Association Survey notes that it was also referred to as "Rock House". The survey also refers to another house owned by the Pigot family on the main street in Kilworth.