Lewis refers to Fermoy House in 1837 as the residence of the late J. Anderson “to whom not only the town owes its prosperity but the entire country…”. It was then occupied by Mrs Hennis. The Reverend Maurice Collis was in residence by the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from Sir Robert Abercrombie and the buildings were valued at over £50. In 1786 Wilson writes of a house at Fermoy, the seat of Mr. Bryan. The Irish Tourist Association Survey of 1942 states that Fermoy House was then the property of Maurice Cooke Collis and was divided into five flats. The house was demolished in the 1960s.