In 1786 Wilson refers to Rath-hely as the seat of Mr. Bryan. It was the home of Arthur Hyde Lucas and his son and namesake in the 19th century. Arthur Hyde Lucas is recorded as occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation, holding the property from John Hyde when it was valued at £20. In 1880 the property passed to Henry John Lucas, nephew of the second Arthur Hyde Lucas. Sold by the Lucas family in the 1920s and still inhabited.