The seat of the Cotter family from the mid 18th century and occupied by them until the 20th century. Wilson, writing in 1786, describes it as "a most beautiful improvment, highly wooded, situated on the Blackwater, the seat of James Laurence Cotter". Occupied by Mrs J.R. Cotter, sister-in-law of the 3rd Baronet, in the mid 19th century when the buildings were valued at £18. By 1906 its value had risen to £38.15 shillings. Only half of the house now survives, the Irish Tourist Association Survey of 1942 noting that "the greater part of the building had been knocked down". For sale in 2012 through Savills.