Streamstown House was an important seat of the Irwin family in the eighteenth century. McTernan writes that it was a centre of gaiety and music and enjoyed visits from the well known harper, Arthur O'Neill. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of "Mr. Irvine". From the early nineteenth century, however, the family tended to reside elsewhere and Streamstown was usually occupied by a steward or herdsman, At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Henry Irwin was in possession of the property at Streamstown, which consisted of a herd's house and a gatehouse. It was valued at almost £2. In 1894 Slater still refers to it as a residence of Burton Irwin. Only one gable and a chimney of the house remain.