Built by the Hyde family and occupied by John Hyde, a younger son of Arthur Hyde of Castle Hyde, in the mid 18th century. Wilson refers to the residence of John Hyde, "near the ruins of Creg Castle" in 1786. By 1810 Cregg Castle was occupied by Colonel William Stewart from Fort Stewart, county Donegal who had married Anne Hyde. The Colonel was the proprietor in 1837 and Mrs Anne Stewart was still resident in the early 1850s. Her nephew John came to live at the house following the sale of Castle Hyde in 1851 and following his death in 1885 it was leased to various persons. It is still extant.