Built in the 1770s by Henry Cole Bowen this house was the seat of the Bowen family until 1959 when it was sold by the author Elizabeth Bowen. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to it as Faraghy, the seat of Mr. Cole Bowen. It was held in fee by Mrs. Eliza Bowen at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £75. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that the house had been attacked during the 1798 rebellion. Bowen's Court was demolished in 1961.