Elmvale was occupied in 1814 by Henry Lysaght and by 1837 was in the occupation of J. Duggan. Arthur Duggan held the property from the Earl of Limerick in the early 1850s. The house was valued at £20. Hajba writes that in the early 20th century the house was purchased by Sidney Royse Lysaght and following a feud with a neighbour was burnt in 1917. Later rebuilt and still occupied.