Reverend Somers Payne held this property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £45. Lewis names the seat of Reverend Payne as "Upton" in 1837. Noted by Leet as the seat of W.L. Beaufort in 1814. James Welply was resident in the 1870s. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that a sister of the Sheares brothers, executed as United Irishmen, was married into the Payne family and that the brothers were in the habit of visiting Upton.
This property is still extant and run as a facility providing nursing care services.