William R. Meade held Ballymartle in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £35. It was also noted by Lewis as the seat of W.R. Meade in 1837. In the 1770s it was the property of Rev. W, Meade. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey described it as "an imposing residence in a finely wooded estate, occupied by Major Meade". It is now a roofless ruin.