Originally the home of the Dawson family, it passed by marriage to the Massy family and was the seat of the Massy Dawsons in the 18th and 19th centuries. Occupied by J. H. Massy Dawson in 1837 and owned by the estate of Reverend John M. Dawson in the early 1850s. It was held in fee and was valued at £75. In 1839 the Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "beautifully situated and in good repair, the residence of Rev. J.M. Dawson". In 1894 Slater refers to it as the seat of George Staunton King Massy-Dawson. This house was a ruin by the mid 20th century.