Barryshall was held in fee by the Smith-Barry estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £15. In 1837, Lewis referred to it as the seat of J.Lucas. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the seat of George Lamb. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey stated that the house had been erected by the Barry family in the mid eighteenth century. Barryshall is still extant.