Originally a Reeves home, occupied by them in 1837, it became the residence of the Clanchy family in the mid 19th century. John Clanchy was resident at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £21 and held with 37 acres from the representatives of John B. Reeves. The Irish Tourist Association Survey of the 1940s refers to it as the residence of Mrs. Clanchy, widow of J.T. Clanchy and noted that it was much associated with horseracing.
Bence Jones records the demolition of this house in 1958.