Sometimes known as Coorheen House. In 1786 Wilson refers to Curheen as the seat of Mr. Loftus. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, this was a small property occupied by Andrew Egan, leasing from the Clancarty estate and valued at £1 5s. Extended and enlarged sometime after this, by the 1890s it had become Curheen House, resided in by the Aitken family, agents for the Clancarty estate. Later the residence of the RC Bishop of Clonfert.