This house was the seat of the Gibbings family in the 18th and early 19th centuries. The family was still resident in 1837 but by the early 1850s the house was occupied by Edmond Irwin who held it form Richard Gibbons. It was valued at £14. Later occupants were local priests and it was eventually sold by the Gibbings in the late 19th century. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey referred to it as the home of the Cagney family who had purchased the property c.1912 and also that it was famous for growing the Toormore apple, used in making cider. The house is still occupied.