The Penrose Fitzgerald Papers in the Boole Library document the building of a mansion house at Corkbeg in the 1820s. It was built to replace an earlier house mentioned by Wilson in 1786 as the seat of Robert Uniacke Fitzgerald. It was held in fee by the Fitzgeralds and valued at £65 in the early 1850s. By 1906 it was valued at £81. Bence Jones writes that the Fitzgeralds sold Corkbeg in the mid 20th century. The Irish Tourist Association survey notes that it functioned as a hotel for a few years. It was demolished in order to establish an oil refinery.