A house reputed to incorporate the remains of an old castle. Bregoge Castle was occupied by J. Rogers in 1837 and by John Rogers in the early 1850s. The property was held from the Earl of Egmont and the buildings were valued at £7. The Irish Tourist Association survey in the 1940s notes it as the residence of "Mr.Ryan, a commercial traveller". The house is still a family home.