Smith writes in 1750 that Rath was built by Alderman James French of Cork. Rath house was occupied by Michael Greene in the early 1850s and held from Sir Edward Tierney. It was valued at £12. To the north Rath Cottage (Grid Ref R492 147) was held by Sir Edward Tierney in fee and was valued at £14. This cottage is now a ruin and Rath House although still extant is no longer lived in, a new house having been built on the site.