A home of the Atkins family in the 18th and 19th centuries which in the early 1850s was held from John Clarke with 251 acres. Major Atkins occupied the house in 1814 and R. Atkins in 1837. Hajba writes that the Reverend Philip Atkins-Going left Firville to his unmarried daughters Charlotte and Henrietta when he died in 1861. Hussey de Burgh records Mrs Charlotte Henrietta Atkins of South Mall, Cork, owning 502 acres in the 1870s. Sold to Samuel Sheehan in 1914 this property still belonged to his descendants at the beginning of the 21st century.