This house was another Newman residence located in the parish of Kilshannig. In 1786 Wilson refers to Newberry as the residence of Colonel Newman, possibly the same man who was murdered in the house by his groom and an accomplice in 1816. John Newman held the property from Adam Newman at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The buildings were valued at £18.10 shillings. Post Griffith's Valuation the house became the home of the Swanzy family and it was they who built the present house incorporating the original one. The house was sold to the Footts in the 20th century. Also known as Kilshannig House.