According to Hajba built by James Butler Stopford in the very early 19th century, replacing an earlier cottage. Stopford sold his interest to his brother-in-law, Captain Edmund Lombard a few years later. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by the Captain's nephew, James Hunt, who held the property valued at £27.15 shillings from Christopher Crofts. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that it was the residence of Stopford Hunt. The house was destroyed by fire in the 1950s.