This was the seat of the Becher baronets in the 19th century. Occupied in 1814 by Beecher Wrixon and in 1837 recorded by Lewis as "recently modernised" [William Morrison]. Sir William W. Beecher held Ballygiblin in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £52. The seat of Sir John Wrixon Becher in 1894 and still occupied by the Bechers in 1906. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey reported that it was owned by D.CMurphy and J. Lombard. The report contains detailed background to the Beecher family including the story of Lady Beecher, the actress, Elizabeth O'Neill. This house is now a ruin.