Edward Powell held this property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £21. Lewis describes it as the residence of Major Powell in 1837. In the 1770s it was the seat of an O'Donovan family. Lt. Col. Henry Powell was the owner in 1906 when it was valued at £21. By 1945 the Irish Tourist Association Survey reported that it was the home of the O'Callaghan family who "had bought it from the Powells". Bawnlahan is still extant and occupied.