Ashgrove was the home of the Upton family in the 18th century. Occupied by John Upton in 1814 and J.W. Upton in 1837. This house was being used as an Auxiliary Workhouse at the time of Griffith's Valuation. William Stephenson held the townland at this time. His interest was advertised for sale in June 1854. The tenant was Mr Denis Moylan who held on a 7 year lease from May 1852. A house is still extant at this site.