This house appears to straddle the boundary of the parishes of Ballingarry and Rathkeale and the border of the baronies of Connello Upper and Lower. Occupied by Colonel William O'Dell Member of Parliament in 1814 and by Major O'Dell in 1837. By the time of Griffith's Valuation Major O'Dell's estate at Rylanes was in Chancery and Grove House was in use as an Auxiliary Workhouse. It was valued at £35 and held by the Croom Guardians from Robert Maxwell. This house is no longer extant but substanial yard buildings remain.