In the 18th century Miltown was the residence of a branch of the De Lacy family. Mill-town, Bruff, was the residence of Mrs Bevan in 1814. George Gubbins was the occupier in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property valued at £40+ from Edward B. Hartopp. In 1831 George Gubbins married Elizabeth Blood nee Hartopp. This house is named Milltown George on the first Ordnance Survey map.