Croom House was the home of the Lyons family in the 18th and 19th centuries. The house of James D. Lyons was valued at £48 in the early 1850s and he had a flour mill valued at £75 closeby. He held the property from John Croker. Described in 1943 by the Irish Tourist Association surveyor as a beautiful mansion on the left bank of the Maigue river, it was then in use as a military post. The house is still extant and occupied.