Built in the last decade of the 17th century by the Reverend Dean Story. It was later occupied by Colonel Wilson. Lewis refers to Bilboa House as the property of the Earl of Stradbroke. It was "nearly in ruins", was built "wholly of brick from Holland" and was formerly the residence of Colonel Wilson. Circa 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Book records a three-storey ruin with about 40 windows which had been falling into decay since about the 1770s.