Brian de Breffny writes that the back section of Kilmore House is part of the 17th century house built by the Moncktons. The front part was built by the Tuthills in the mid 18th century. George Tuthill purchased the house from Edward Monckton in 1737. The Tuthills had previously held it on lease. Occupied by Thomas Lynch in 1814 and by Colonel William Jones in the early 1850s, when the property was held from Elizabeth Tuthill and valued at £15. In 1906 Kilmore was the residence of Anne Isabel O'Grady. This house is still extant and occupied.