Hugh Ingoldsby Massy is recorded as "of Newgarden" in 1769 and Simon Purdon was resident in the late 1770s and 1786. The widow of Hugh Ingoldsby Massy married Simon Purdon of Tinerana. The Powells of Clonshavoy were located at Newgarden in the early 18th century. A house occupied by William Ryves in 1814 and by Massy Ryves in 1837. By the time of Griffith's Valuation it appears to have fallen into decay. John Dooley occupied a house valued at £1 and Eyre Lloyd held offices valued at £4 from the Earl of Clare. Caleb Powell states that this house was taken down by Eyre Lloyd.