A residence of the Greene family in the 18th century and noted by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Greene in 1786. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to this house as the seat of Mr James Shine, rebuilt in 1829 at a cost of £900. Occupied by James Shine in the early 1850s and held from the representatives of Frederick Lloyd. The buildings were valued at £26. Jeremiah Shine of Ballymacreese owned 79 acres in the county in the 1870s. The house is still extant and well-maintained.