Built by Thomas Maunsell, founder of Maunsells' bank, Limerick, and occupied by him in 1814. Inherited by his daughter Mrs Robert Hedges Eyre Maunsell. Occupied by Reuben Harvey in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Harvey held the property from the trustees of Mrs Hedges Maunsell. The residence of Richard Russell in 1868. Home of John Norris Russell in the 1870s. Bence Jones writes that the present Plassey House is "a rambling two storey Victorian Italianate house built by the Russells". This house is now part of the University of Limerick.