Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||Built by George Maunsell, fourth son of Richard Maunsell of Ballywilliam, in the late 18th century. Occupied by the Reverend M. Widenham in the late 1770s, and 1786, by Lord Kiltarton [John Prendergast Smyth became Viscount Gort in 1816] in 1814, by T. Fitzgerald in 1837, by Captain Stackpool circa 1840 and by Henry Allen in the early 1850s, this house was situated on the Maunsell estate. It was valued at £28 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Referred to as the "splendid residence" of the Dowager Lady Massy in the sale rental of 1868. Tracy writes that the 5th Baron Massy bought it for his mother in 1850 from the Maunsells. Later sold to the Russell family and bought by the religious order, the Little Company of Mary, in 1923. Now part of a nursing home for the terminally ill.|
|Poor Law Union:||Limerick|
|OS Sheet Number:||5|
|OSI Grid Reference:||R616 580|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]