Occupied by William Westropp in 1814 and Lewis refers in 1837 to the ''fine mansion and demesne'' of the Honourable J. P. Vereker. The Ordnance Survey Name Book refers to the rebuilding of Roxborough by Major Vereker in 1832 at the expense of approximately £1200. Viscount Gort held Roxborough in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £40. The house was advertised for sale in June 1852 and again in June 1853. Possibly bought by the McMurrays who were certainly resident by 1862. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the seat of A. Crawford. Now a more modern house appears to be located at this site.