In 1786 Wilson writes that Fairy-Hall was the seat of Hon. Rev. Mr. Murray. It was the residence of Robert Going in 1814 and of Henry O. Bridgeman in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The house was located in the townland of Montpelier on the De Burgho estate and was valued at £16. It was surrounded by a 35 acre demesne. This house is called Fairymount on the first Ordnance Survey map and in Griffith's Valuation. Fairyhall was the name of the townland just to the north of Montpelier. Farm buildings are still extant at the site.