Associated with the Lindsey family in the 17th century it was leased to the Knoxes by James O'Hara, Lord Tyrawley, for 999 years in 1741. The Knoxes built a private residence on to the east end of the friary. At various time the Jones, Palmer and Kirkwood families leased parts of Moyne. Thomas Jones sold his interest in the Landed Estates' Court in 1867. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record that Peter Nolan, agent to Sir William Palmer, lived in a neat cottage in the east of the townland. This may be the property labelled Moyne House on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s (G228287), the remains of which are still extant.