Described by Bence Jones as a "massive Norman-Revival castle", built for the Barrington family. The building began in 1837 but was not completed until the 1880s. Noted by Slater as the seat of Sir Charles Burton Barrington in 1894. The buildings were valued at £65 in the early 1850s and at £58 in 1906. Now known as Glenstal Abbey, it is a boys' boarding school run by the Benedictine monks, who bought the property from the Barringtons in 1927.