The seat of the O'Grady family from the mid 18th century acquired through marriage with a member of the Hayes family. Held by the Viscount Guillamores in fee and valued at £50 in the early 1850s. Viscount Guillamore was recorded as the occupier in 1906 when the house was valued at £48. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor in 1942 refers to this house as been unused since 1922 when the estate was divided by the Land Commission. All the fittings has been removed and only the shell of the house remained. The house is now a ruin.