This house was the home of Michael Furnell in 1803. By 1814 the house on the Vandeleur estate, was leased to John Cantillon Heffernan . At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the buildings at Monaster were valued at £35 and leased by John Cantillon from the Vandeleur estate. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association surveyor refers to a story concerning ghostly activities and that the house had been "pulled down" a short time previously. Much of the farmyard building complex survives.