The seat of a branch of the Blennerhassett family, built circa 1730, it passed by inheritance to the Knight of Glin. In 1786 Wilson wrote that it was was the seat of Mr. Blennerhasset. Described by Lewis in 1837 as ''the ancient mansion of Gerald Blennerhassett'' on the banks of the Deel. It was held in fee by Gerald Blennerhasset at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £22. Passed to the Knight of Glin in the early 20th century and then sold. It is still extant.