Copsewood Cottage is marked on the first Ordnance Survey map at this site. A much larger house was built in the mid 19th century for Major General Caulfeild. It was valued at £36 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and at £63 in 1906. It remained in the possession of the General's descendants until 1919 when it was bought by the Salesian Fathers who started an agricultural school. It is now a secondary school run by the Salesian Order.