The Massys lived at Glenville from the 1760s. The present house was built by William Massy in 1808. William Massey was resident in 1814, J. Massey in 1837 and William Massy in the early 1850s. William Massy held the house valued at almost £14 from Stephen Creagh. The house came into the possession of the Langford family, relations of the Massys in the early 20th century and they were still resident there in the 1970s.