Wilson notes "Keromore" as the seat of Mr. Vaughan in 1786. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the house as "a modern structure built in 1819". At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was held in fee by Captain O. Jackson and valued at £30. The Irish Tourist Association File states it was a guest house in the 1940s run by Mrs Reid. Bence Jones writes that it is now a ruin.