The Jones had a house here in the eighteenth century as Wilson refers to Banada as the seat of Mr. Jones in 1786. It was held in fee by Rev. Daniel Jones at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £17. In 1858 it was transferred to the Sisters of Charity who ran a girls' school and orphanage there. In the twentieth century it became a secondary school and continued in that role until 2004 when it was sold to a private developer.