Kiltanon was the home of the Molony family for at least two centuries. The house built in 1833 had a drive which linked it to the other nearby Molony residences at Bunavory and Cragg. The house was burnt in September 1920 and is now a ruin. In the second half of the 19th century another house, known as the Home Farm House, was built at Kiltanon for Marcus Molony, eight son of James Molony and his agent. This house is still extant.